Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas Card Letter

I just remembered I like to send out a letter with my Christmas cards. I was way ahead of myself and stuffed and addressed my cards. So I wrote my blog address on the back of the cards and hope that family and friends will read my letter here. So here it is...

The Fortner Family Four Christmas Letter
Winter 2010

The past year has flown by... the older I get it seems the faster time goes. We have had a great year all around, more ups than downs. As the kids get older we are having more and more firsts with them and are able to do a lot more. We took the kids up to Mount Saint Helen's for the first time this summer. They loved the Forest Learning Center. Some family favorites include going to the Children's Museum, the zoo, the library, Great Wold Lodge, cooking, and visiting with friends and family.
(Our Family at the zoo!)

Zoe is in her 2nd year of Pre-Kindergarten with Mrs. Sally and will be going to kindergarten next year. I can hardly believe my baby is getting so big and so smart. She would be happy to sit and talk rather then play. She loves books, drawing, and crafts. She is miss independent most of the time now that she is 5 she can do anything she says. We celebrated her 5th birthday with a Halloween themed costume party. Zoe and Presley were both pumpkins. (Zoe's First day of Pre-Kindergarten)


Presley turned 3 in June. He had a Bob the Builder party. Presley is the best snuggler when he wants to be (kind of like a cat it has to be his idea.) I love when he says “Mama, I missed you” and gives me a big hug. Presley loves his sister so much they are almost inseparable. Even though they fight they would rather play together then alone. Some of Presley's interests include playing with cars, drawing, and animals.
(Presley looking at an anthill.)

Steve's passion is in his cooking. Steve bought a new BBQ this year. He enjoys trying new ways to marinate, season, brine, smoke and cook meat. My dream for Steve is that he could share his gift with others and open a BBQ restaurant. Steve's interests include cooking, driving his motorcycle, and classic cars sand hot rods.
Steve's burgers... so yummy!

Amber (I) finally finished her master's degree this year! It was a huge accomplishment not only for herself but for the family. She couldn't have done it without their love and support. Amber made jam for the first time this year and looks forward to making it again in the summer. Her interests include, trying new recipes, blogging, and taking pictures.
(My graduation: May 2010)
Steve and I in Greg and Anna's Wedding: May 2010)

Our family is blessed in so many ways. We hold on to the good memories from our past year and look forward to 2011! In February, we will be going to California for my brother Kevin's wedding and to Disneyland (a big first for the kiddos!)

We wish your family many blessings in the coming year. If you would like to follow the Fortner family four throughout the year follow our family blog on blogger at http://fortnerfamily4.blogspot.com/ .

Love,
The Fortner Family 4
Steve, Amber, Zoe, and Presley

No comments:

Followers